2.26.2009

Silky Cauliflower Soup

I have my dad to credit for introducing me to this Dave Lieberman recipe for a very simple, yet incredibly satisfying cauliflower soup. When finished, it is hard to believe that this soup contains not cream, but rather cauliflower, as the main ingredient! It is delightfully silky (as the name implies), and surprisingly rich - you won't miss the presence of meat or cream at all. I've found that the real secret to this recipe, though, is salt. Be sure to salt and pepper liberally before serving; It will make the greatest difference in the results. I add about 1 1/2 tsp. of salt and many, many turns from the pepper grinder.

The original recipe from Dave Lieberman includes serving the soup with Parmesan crisps, but I just couldn't bear the thought of shredding any more Parmesan tonight, so I garnished it with some homemade wheat croutons and a bit of lemon zest, which worked out just as well.

Silky Cauliflower Soup
-Dave Lieberman

(Recipe available at foodnetwork.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment