8.26.2009

Wine of the Week: Florent de Brie 2008 Rosé d'Anjou

As it is the end of August, I promise that this will be the last Rosé... But, I've saved the best for last! This has been my hands-down favorite this summer, warranting multiple purchases over the course of the season.

Like many of the other rosés I have tried this year, the Florent de Brie 2008 Rosé d'Anjou is a light, bright watermelon color, reminiscent of a watermelon candy. The aroma is sweet and fruity, with apple or pear and even some hints of watermelon, but also a bit of stone fruit. Peach, perhaps? The flavor is true to the nose. If you are looking for a bone dry rosé, I have to warn you that this is not it. But, if you can handle off-dry (which I personally think is delightful when properly chilled on a hot summer day), this is your wine! It is slightly tart, but juicy, and it bursts of fruit flavors. Most notably, I picked up strawberry, cherry, watermelon, and even a little apple. How is that for covering the spectrum?

I love this wine, which sells for around $13, and so might you! It is light, bright, and refreshing, with a short finish. Perfect for those lingering warm days we'll enjoy through September.

No comments:

Post a Comment