4.13.2009

Simple Lemon Vinaigrette

I first made this vinaigrette out of necessity. Faced with a beautiful, but bare, freshly prepared salad and a refrigerator conspicuously devoid of the proper dressing, what else could I do? Fortunately, I always keep a lemon or two on hand. I whipped up this quick dressing and, since then, I make my own vinaigrette just as often as I buy it. This is the perfect dressing for the fresh baby lettuces, sprouts, and micro-greens that are showing up at the spring farmers' markets right about now. Using a good, green salad-grade olive oil makes all the difference.

Simple Lemon Vinaigrette

1/2 Lemon
1 tsp Honey
2-3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Squeeze the juice of the lemon into a medium-sized bowl. Add the honey, salt, and pepper to taste. Slowly stream in the olive oil, while whisking the mixture until combined. Taste and adjust as necessary.

To serve, add fresh salad greens to the bowl and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment